Mike is a litigator who counsels individuals and entities on a variety of complex litigation matters including commercial litigation, insurance litigation, environmental litigation including CERCLA, RCRA, and OPA, breach of fiduciary duty, disputes arising out of corporate transactions, and business law. Mike has successfully served as trial counsel for clients in high-stakes litigation and has experience in both state and federal courts.
While in law school, Mike volunteered to provide legal help to disadvantaged women working with the Illinois College of Law’s Domestic Violence Legal Clinic. In addition to serving as a teaching and research assistant throughout law school, Mike is a graduate of the Mirza Trial Academy.
- PsycHealth v. Family Health Network Inc.: Second-chaired “bet-the-company” commercial arbitration including cross examination of opposing expert, which was cited by the three-judge panel in its decision denying opponent’s counterclaim and awarding client millions in contract damages.
- McGuinness v. Schrepfer: won jury verdict in personal injury lawsuit in the Law Division of Circuit Court of Cook County. Defendant’s final pre-trial offer was $0.
- Confidential Non-Compete Matter: Achieved favorable settlement on behalf of key employee against former employer seeking to enforce a non-compete agreement, resolving lawsuits pending in multiple federal courts. Accordingly to the client, the settlement result was better than any result that could have been achieved in litigation.
- Quercia et al. v. Elenka, USA et al.: Defeated request for preliminary injunction related to alleged fraud and breach of fiduciary duty of corporate officer.
- Confidential Commercial Dispute: Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of business owner engaged in dispute with contractual counterparty regarding amounts allegedly due under the contract. Parties settled for less than a third of plaintiff’s initial demand.